Akas Siddiqui, M.D., M.P.H.
We are excited to welcome our newest physician, Dr. Akas Siddiqui! Dr. Siddiqui recently completed his sub specialty fellowship training in Sports Medicine at the State University of New York at Buffalo where he received comprehensive experience in Primary Care Sports Medicine. He served as a team physician for the Rochester Americans (American Hockey League), Buffalo Beauts (National Women’s Hockey League), the University at Buffalo, and local high schools, among others. Dr. Siddiqui is board certified in Internal Medicine.
He joins Dr. Maruska as a non-operative, sports medicine practitioner specializing in comprehensive head to toe Sports and Musculoskeletal Medicine from:
- acute care (fractures, sprains/strains, etc.),
- related medical care,
- orthopedics (overuse injuries, tendonitis, stress injuries, arthritis, etc.),
- concussion management,
- diagnostic ultrasound and musculoskeletal ultrasound guided injection treatments including regenerative therapies and related procedures,
- event coverage,
and more for all levels of athletes: professional, collegiate, school age, recreational/weekend warrior, and community.
Dr. Siddiqui sees patients Monday through Wednesday and (out of office on Thursdays) Friday and typically can schedule new patients within 24 to 48 hours.
Dr. Siddiqui’s family lives in Arlington.
- State University of New York at Buffalo ,Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Saint Louis University, Internal Medicine Internship and Residency
- University of Toledo College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University. Masters Public Health, Health Policy and Management
- Georgia State University, Post Baccalaureate Coursework Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Emory University, Bachelor of Arts, English/Creative Writing, Focus in Poetry